Sunday, October 19, 2008

One too many places to be!



This was one of those weekends where you had multiple places to be all at one time but there is still just one me to do it all. Lynn had plans months ago to be with his brothers, they were going hunting and then a change of plans had them doing numerous things together for the week and weekend so I knew he was going to be gone doing stuff with "The Bro's". So I was on my own to think about how I would swing the numerous plans for the weekend. So I was scheduled to work Saturday, Jordyn was performing at the U of U football game at noon, and my brother and his wife were being sealed in the temple around noon as well. I called in sick for work, had to eliminate that one, tried telling Jordyn that I had to be with Jim and Meliss on their special day, but Jordyn was so nervous about performing in front of a huge crowd like that she was afraid of having a panic attack, "I need you there mom!, you signed me up!". Melissa's sister is on Crimson Line and they were doing a fundraisor deal for Crimson Line and asked if Jo would come dance, so I thought fun, she would love that. Well after finding out it was the same weekend as the sealing, I thought oh crap! I really thought Jo would be ok, but I did sign her up, and I did have to support her. So as bummed as I was about not being with Jim and Meliss, they were in my thoughts the whole time. I wish the game would have been later, I wish Jordyn did not inherit my nice anxiety problems. I wish I could have fulfilled everything this weekend and not having to feel guilt. But Jordyn did an amazing job, and I am proud of her. No panic attacks either, she would have been fine. Oh well, still one me and 5 places to be. Gotta pick one sometimes!

2 comments:

The Sharp's (mostly Mindy) said...

Just be grateful that your kids are 9 years apart and you don't have to being 15 places that it is only 5. I guess I'm just trying to be optimistic for you.

Jen and Buzz said...

Oh Trac... you are such a good little mommy, how fun that Jo got to perform at the U. And that is so exciting about your brother. What a crazy weekend.